I am so excited you stopped by my new blog! If you didn’t catch any of my pre-launch posts on Facebook, let me tell you a little about Grace & Sass, and myself. (I promise all my posts won’t be this long…I just have so much I want to tell y’all!)
I created Grace & Sass as a place for women in midlife to connect and be encouraged in their everyday.
I’ve blogged before, but Grace & Sass is going to be special. I just turned 50 and I’m a little consumed with all things midlife. Personally, I think the journey is better – and a little easier – if we don’t have to walk it alone, so I hope we’ll become fast friends and share lots of laughs, advice, prayers, and hand-holding here.
I’m Betting We Have A Lot In Common
- We are 40+, and we are busy! Maybe even stretched a little too thin at times.
- We’re a little over all the stuff…in our lives, and in our house. We want to do life simpler, but don’t always know what that looks like.
- We want to make an impact…‘cuz we have learned stuff! (Can I get an “Amen!”?) If we can help other women – especially younger women – bypass some of the struggles we had to deal with, well…that’s what life’s about, right, helping one another? We may not be able to take on someone else’s burden, but we can walk alongside them…encouraging and supporting them in their journey….like another woman did for us. Or like we wish someone had.
- We are being pulled in a lot of directions. Husbands are still busy providing…or maybe you’re doing life on your own. Kids are grown (or certainly pretty independent). Parents are facing new struggles of their own. (And we want to do what we can to help.) Some days it seems like we have more time on our hands than we know what to do with…others, we don’t have enough hours in the day. It’s exhausting!
- We’re restless. A lot of change started percolating in our 40’s. In some respect, we feel like the same girl we used to be. Other times, we don’t even know who we are anymore….or what we want. It’s enough to give a girl a migraine. (I get those. A lot. You?)
How Grace & Sass Can Help
All those things I just listed? That’s why I created Grace and Sass! I wanted a place where women in midlife can connect and be encouraged in their everyday. My hope is you will find ideas to help make your own journey a little easier, funnies that bring a smile when you need one, and encouragement and reminders of God’s peace and grace to help get you through the hard stuff.
I will be sharing things I’ve learned, things I”m still struggling with, things I love, and things I dream about. It’s going to be good stuff, I promise! Stuff we need in this journey we call midlife. I really do believe it can be the best time of our lives, gf!
But What Does Grace & Sass Really Mean?
You may be wondering how I came up with the name “Grace & Sass.” Well….
I am reminded every day of the grace God shows me. Lord knows, I am not worthy. I want this blog to be a place women will be reminded of God’s grace and love, and the gift of salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. If nothing else, I want my blog to glorify His Holy Name.
And I want to inspire women to demonstrate grace to others – and to themselves – with compassion, not judgment. There’s enough of that “out there” in the world. This is our safe place, friend. 🙂
Finally, as women in midlife, I think it’s fitting we display grace: in our mannerisms, in our dress, and in our demeanor. I know we’re not gonna be graceful 24/7 (Lord knows I can’t pull that off!)…but I think maturity naturally brings a greater sense of grace…and we should celebrate that. 🙂
I can be….uhhhh…..kinda sassy. (Enough said.) Grace & Sass will be a fun place to visit. I’ll have funnies-for-the-day, and I’m sure more than a few of my own embarrassing midlife moments to share with y’all.
And I don’t know about you, but I think by midlife, we have earned the right to throw a little FABULOUS in our wardrobe, so I”ll be featuring a lot of sassy & cool 40+style. 😉
Ohhhh…there’ll be lots of home decorating, too. ‘Cuz, “Hello…my name is Kimberly…and I’m an auction addict.” *giggle* You see, we live in 2 houses an hour apart. (Yeah….craziness! I know.) The upside is I have plenty of opportunity for DIY projects….especially repurposing vintage and antique pieces. I always try to incorporate my own sense of style…and I love sharing my vintage finds and decorating ideas, and helping other people find special things for their homes. (I’m thinking of offering my Shopping Service here on Grace & Sass. What do you think? Comment and let me know!)
So, Now What?
If you’ve connected with anything you just read…gf, we need to really connect! Wherever you are, I”m probably there: Subscribe to this blog. Like me on Facebook. Follow me on Pinterest and Instagram. But most importantly, comment & let me know you’re here! Your comments let me know if I’ve struck a chord…or hit a nerve. *giggle* I want this to be an organic community where we all contribute. I hope you’ll be a part of that. 🙂
If you’ve read down this far, God bless ya, gf! If you haven’t noticed, I can talk/write. A lot. You never know what you’ll find on Grace & Sass, so let’s get to it, shall we? 😉
Oh, Wait…A Little About Me
You can read all the details & meet my most favoritest people on my About page, but here’s the Cliff Notes: (Yes, I’m a reader. How about you?)
- I just turned 50 and I’m lovin’ it!
- MHH & I have been married for 6 years and life is good!
- We have 5 kids between us, 2 of the most adorable grandbabies, and I’m blessed to have both my folks still with us.
- We have 1 little dog….and lost our big dog this past Spring. *pout*
- We live in 2 houses. (I know….we’ve already established it’s insane.)
- I’m a DIY-er and auction addict who loves all things vintage or antique.
I look forward to getting to know y’all here on Grace & Sass (and maybe even in person. I have ideas for some stuff for 2017!)
Now don’t forget to leave a comment below and connect with me on your favorite platform. I’m so stinkin’ excited to hear what y’all think! And remember….